The Plow Building
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104
The building was constructed in early 1909 by the RockIsland Railroad Corporation of Chicago Illinois. It wasoperated by Rock Island until 1932 and it continued to beused as a warehouse until around 1983 when it wasvacated. Allford Hall Monaghan Morris added a steelsystem above the wooden beams which raised the fl oorsand allowed them to be poured concrete. This alsoeff ectively provided a lower window sill height adding morenatural light to the spaces.
Bricktown is located just east of Oklahoma City's centralbusiness district. This was the city's original warehouse anddistribution center that has been converted into a thrivingurban mixed-use district containing an eclectic mix ofrestaurants, offi ces, and retail shops.